Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

I'm not feeling very inspired to post about Christmas this year. I wish we could do it over again without the stomach virus. Spencer came down with it the day before Christmas Eve. I succumbed to it late Christmas night. Unfortunately we didn't know it was a virus until too late, so my mother and friend came down with it, too. Merry freakin' Christmas!

I planned our Christmas schedule so that we could be at home together for a quiet Christmas day. I thought that I would see my sister and her children on Christmas Eve and could exchange gifts then. That didn't happen. We still haven't exchanged our gifts. We're getting together tomorrow at Mom's. I guess I should look at it as though our celebration has been extended. I'm sure all the children will enjoy being together tomorrow, and I'll finally get to see what's in my stocking!

I had to drag Spencer out of bed at 9:30 on Christmas morning. I'm surprised he's actually smiling in some of the pictures. My neighbor snapped him a little later, falling asleep, half his body on the couch, the other half on the coffee table. Poor guy. He's feeling a lot better now and enjoying all of his new toys. His big gift was a learning laptop. Alex would like to steal it from him. He was playing with it on Christmas day and Spencer was trying to take it from him. Alex kept saying "Alex....Alex." He was trying to tell Spencer that it was his toy! Alex also tried to steal his cousin's new Thomas the Tank Engine book. He's hardly put down his new Gordon train that came with his big gift, the Take-Along Thomas Tidmoth Sheds. That boy loves his trains!

I snapped a few pictures while the boys were emptying their stockings. That's about all I had the time and energy for. I think we're due for a better Christmas next year. You hear that, universe?!!?

No comments: