Thursday, October 7, 2010

Junk Food Cravings

I'm learning that I can quell my cravings for junk food with much healthier and satisfying choices.  Craving queso dip and corn chips?  Have some fat-free cottage cheese and salsa with multi-grain tortilla chips.  Dying for a cinnamon roll?  Indulge in a bowl of oatmeal with lots of cinnamon and a little butter and sugar.  My taste buds are satisfied and so is my body.  Nutritious calories go a lot further than junk food calories.

I don't do "diet" food, by the way.  No artificial sweeteners.  No low-fat junk food loaded with artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.  And no low-fat sweets in a box: they always add more sugar to make up for the flavor loss caused by cutting the fat.  Those so called "healthy" snacks may help a person lose weight, but eating them can actually make a body less healthy.

Oh, and if I really want junk food, I'm going to have real junk food.  Everyone needs to be naughty once in awhile!

No comments: