Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bull

I walked for 20 minutes on the rail trail today. My friend Chuck referred to my process of getting back into shape as "rehab". Yeah, I guess I have to look at it that way. Everything my body has been through in the past eight years has taken it's toll on me. Countless bouts of bronchitis, pneumonia twice, sleep apnea, a herniated disc that's been plaguing me for years...add to that the stress of carrying twins, delivering them 16 weeks early, dealing with all of their medical stuff, and their developmental issues (not to mention that I was single for the first three years of it) and I'm just one big fat mess of unhealthy!

Looking at the process of getting healthy again as rehab actually makes it seem more positive and less overwhelming. I've been beating myself up over how fat I've gotten, how I can't do the things I want to, how I have no energy, no self control... NO MORE! I'm grabbing the proverbial bull by the horns and riding that damned thing 'til it lays down and dies and I'm standing on top of it, strong, healthy, and living the life I desire!

No comments: