Saturday, October 26, 2013

Spencer's Parent Teacher Conference

I had Spencer's parent/teacher conference this past Thursday. His teachers and therapists are very pleased with how he's doing. Last year he was having trouble putting thoughts into complete sentences in writing. Now he is writing amazing essays. His handwriting still needs a lot of work, but he is remembering to use his finger for spacing and is slowly getting neater. We need to work on his math skills, too: he still counts on his fingers for simple one digit addition. His teacher told me about a website Spencer loves, coolmath.com, so we're adding that to his daily schedule at home. Socially Spencer is doing better, too. His class is a good group of 3rd and 4th graders, many of whom share his love of Legos. They play outside together and sit in a circle and talk on the playground. I'd love to see that. The best news I got is that my little bookworm is reading and comprehending on an 8th grade level!

No comments: