Monday, January 5, 2015

Not My New Year's Resolutions

I'm not a New Year's resolution person. I believe I should be trying to do better every single day at every single thing that's important to me. I am, however, looking back over the last year at the changes I've made and the growth I've achieved. I'm thinking about the new year and what I would like to accomplish in the coming months. One thing that came to mind (aside from the obvious health and personal growth goals) was how I don't reach out to others as much as I'd like to. Back in the days of letter writing, and even email writing (pre-Facebook), I always felt it was important to let people know I was thinking of them. Everybody is struggling with something, and those little thoughts that only take a moment to express can make a big difference in people's lives. I know they do for me, and I've seen them help others, too.

This year I resolve to remember to let others know I'm thinking of them, that if they need anything I'm here for them, and that they are loved. Human connection is vital, and as much as we can "socialize" on Facebook, it doesn't have the same effect as that little bit of effort it takes to reach out to a person one-on-one and let them know you care.

No comments: