Sunday, October 14, 2007

A New Era

This is a blog. This is a blog about me. This is a blog about me and my twin boys. This is a blog about trying to keep things simple, focusing on what is important, seeing the silver linings, and enjoying the simple joys life offers every day.

Life as a single mother to two-year-old twin boys is HARD. I remember the first time I thought being a single parent was hard. It was when I had pneumonia and pleurisy last spring. Just after their second birthday. Any correlation? Hmmm...

I love being a mother. I love my sons. They are fascinating, challenging, wonderful, bright, beautiful, frustrating, amazing little boys. I love taking care of them. But I've been trying to learn to take care of myself as well. My cup will run dry if I keep giving out but never replenishing. My life can't be about my boys; it has to be about us. All three of us. So here I am, with a new blog. A place where I'm going to be a little more honest about my thoughts and feelings than I have been on my other blog. I was always very positive there, because I wanted it to be a source of encouragement for other parents of preemies. Here I'll be dumping and venting more, but all for good. Because sometimes you just have to get that stuff out so you can see the positive side of things again.

1 comment:

Carmen JM said...

Heather; I admire you very much. Reading your blog helps me a lot; you can´t imagine how much. Although I am not a single mother, your blog is helping me see life in a different way, just now that I feel a bit lost.

You should feel proud of yourself!! You have wonderful boys; keep on doing things the way you are doing now.

Carmen.