Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sandra Boynton for Christmas

Susan from The Book House was discussing her favorites this morning on The Roundtable and mentioned Sandra Boynton's new books with CD's of music. I love Sandra Boynton, and have made it a point of collecting all of her books (although Spencer keeps destroying them, board books even!). "Philadelphia Chickens" was Susan's favorite. It features a cow playing a saxophone on the front cover (how perfect for Spencer who pretends everything is a saxophone, and for Alex who loves cows).

I don't think I'll post a wish list here this year, at least not an Amazon.com one. I'm trying to get away from all those big companies and support my local economy. But here's a hint to friends and family who might be wondering what Alex and Spencer would like for Christmas: The Golden Notebook in Woodstock and The Book House in Stuyvesant Plaza carry Boynton's new books with CD's. I'm sure the boys would both enjoy having one of their own. Wink, wink!

No comments: