Thursday, January 8, 2009

Waiting...

...for the doctor's office to open. My back went out yesterday while I was putting Spencer's boots on. One big spasm across my whole lower back and suddenly I'm unable to stand up straight, bend over, sit for long, or move in general. This happens about once a year and it makes me feel totally useless. I can't do anything around the house. And now I'm missing work on top of it. And you know what the doctor will tell me: losing weight will help. I've been going to the gym, but it's going to take a lot of workouts to get me in shape after four years of not doing it. You would think that since I'm working on it I would get a free pass in the bad back department so that I can keep going to the gym rather than laying around the house with a bad back!

So now I'm off to take an extremely hot shower in the hope that my back will somehow miraculously recover and instead of going to the doctor I can go to the office where I belong.

No comments: