Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Alex and Spencer are Five Years Old Today

At this hour five years ago I was going into an OR to have my babies delivered via emergency c-section.  They were just 24 weeks 3 days old gestationally.  That means they were born 16 weeks early.  It was scary, but I never believed for an instant that I would lose them.  Today they are happy, healthy boys.  They still have some delays, and Alex is on the autism spectrum, but their issues are nothing any parent of full-term babies might deal with.  I am so blessed to have these incredibly strong, wonderful children.  Here's a little photo history of their lives so far.

Alex the night he was born. 18 oz., 12.5 inches
Spencer the night he was born. 17.5 oz., 12.5 inches
The first time I got to hold them both together. They were 11 weeks old.
Ally's hand in mine. He was a week or two old.
Spencer at just over two months, about a month before I got to take him home.
First birthday
Second birthday
Third birthday
Fourth birthday
Fifth birthday - my super boys!!!

1 comment:

JennX said...

Happy Birthday Super Heroes!!!